How Do I Choose The Right Family Dentist?
- posted: Oct. 14, 2021
Having a smile that gives you confidence is important, but maintaining proper oral health goes beyond just that; it also means finding the best family dentist. Trusting your dentist ensures more personalized dental visits by asking any questions or bringing attention to concerns you may have, as well as comfortability for the whole family. At East Ellijay Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, our team of family dentists is dedicated to providing your family the best dental care in Ellijay, GA.
When searching for optimal family dentistry, there are a number of factors to consider:
- Confirm if the practice will accept your insurance
- If the dental office isn't in your network, it's important to remember that many dental procedures can be costly. Many families retain a budget, making it less than ideal to receive dental care from a practice outside of your network.
- Consider their qualifications and experience
- Dental school is a requirement to become a dentist in the U.S., and in recent years, most continue their education post-graduation. A practice website often includes the credentials of their dentists, but you can also inquire the office the following questions: What education and credentials have the dentist(s) received? How long have they been practicing dentists? Are they actively sustaining their dental education?
- Read through the reviews—research what type of atmosphere they provide; Is the waiting room comfortable? Friendly service? What qualities do you look for in your dentist?
- Many people find their family dentist through referrals from family and friends, or you may even consider asking those you see often and trust. Websites like Yelp and Zocdoc have many pages of reviews on potential dental practices. Going through all of them is not necessary, but enough to give you a good feel for the dental office you're considering.
- Verify the types of services they offer
- The practice should offer more than proper oral cleanings, you should check for: family dentistry, preventative dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, general dentistry, root canal treatment, tooth extractions, gum (periodontal) disease therapy, implant dentistry, and more. Finding a dentist who has the services you're looking for prevents you and your family from having to go to more than one practice.
- Determine if they are keeping their dental procedures and technology up-to-date
- East Ellijay Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, in Ellijay, GA, is happy to answer any and all of the questions you may have regarding family dentistry within our practice.
Finding Your Family Dentist in Ellijay, GA
Providing exceptional dental care is one aspect of the many listed when considering family dentistry. Our dental care team with East Ellijay Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in Ellijay, GA, extend their welcome and encourage you to give our office a call at (706) 635-2218 to find your perfect family dentist.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.